Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Prayer for Diligence

Proverbs 10:4 NKJV:  He who has a slack hand becomes poor, But the hand of the diligent makes rich.

Father in Heaven,

Thank You for giving me the gift of another day;
Please help me to realize the true value of the time You entrust to me.

Thank You for any strength or ability You give which allows me to make use of that time;
Please help me to be a good steward of these gifts and to labor diligently.

Thank You for my occupation, through which You provide for my house;
Please help me honor my employer and serve my employees, as Your Word commands.

Thank You for Your mercy, and Jesus redemptive work on the cross;
Please forgive me for the wasted days of my past.

Thank You for the six days You labored to create the Earth;
After my work is finished, please allow me to rest in Heaven as You did on the seventh day.


In Jesus' name--Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment