Monday, July 18, 2011

Prayer for Mission-Mindedness

Lord God of Hosts,

Thank You for for Your mercy and Your grace.
Thank You for sending Your only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross in my place.
Thank You for saving my soul and making me Your child, too.
Thank You for allowing me an opportunity to take part in the mission of Christ's Gospel.

Father, please forgive me for neglecting the work You have set before Your Church--to love and teach those who don't know You.
I ask that You help me to truly repent of my selfishness and preoccupation with physical distractions.

Please equip me with knowledge from You holy Word and wisdom from the Holy Spirit to accomplish Your will.
Please give me opportunities to teach those who need You.
Allow me to be sensitive to Your guidance and direction, and clearly show me the opportunities You have prepared.
I ask for courage to speak with love and humility; courage to never be ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Finally, Father, as I plant the seed of Your Word along my path, and water it with the influence of Your righteousness, I pray that You would give the increase to Your glory.

I ask this prayer in Jesus' name--Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment